Thursday, April 16, 2009

HGTV and DIY

HGTV and DIY has some of my newly favorite shows! I haven't really ever watched them before but while the kids are napping I have been watching them! Some of the shows have some pretty crazy ideas for redoing rooms in your home but some have some pretty cool ideas! I absolutely love when they redo living rooms, bedrooms and kids rooms(bed or play). They have so many fun ideas but they are so hard for reg. people to actually do themselves. I am somewhat ok with coming up with fun things to do but they never work out just the way I thought they would. Plus they are so creative and well I'm just not quite that creative. I couldn't walk into a room and say oh my it would look great like this. I'm sure there are a lot of people out their like me that wishes they could design that perfectly unique room. Or wouldn't it be awesome to have one of those shows come to your (or my) house and have them redo a room (or every room if they wanted:)) Two of my newly favorite shows are Color Splash and Deserving Design which are both on HGTV. They come up with some really cool ideas! They also make the rooms so colorful. Not to mention they know just how to place things to give you the most space and make the rooms look their biggest. On show that was really cool was when they had a young girl that loved to draw and also wanted a space to hang out with her friends. But the room they were doing was really small. So they had a desk drop down when she wanted to draw and had a couch pull out of a little closet when she wanted more seating. And the room was painted so beautifully with a sun set painting on one wall. I really like extreme make over home edition too but the shows on the other two channels have shows that even though you might not be able to do everything they do or come up with the ideas they are a little bit more practical and there are some things that you could do yourself. I also think it kind of helps me think a little more creatively when i try to think of what to do at my house. Now i just need to find a show that shows how to redo the perfect back yard and i will be set.:) So if you don't watch these shows they are definitely ones to check out......oh and by the way girls the host of color splash is known for looking good with out a shirt and it seems like he is shirtless every show! HAHAHAHA. Oh and that isn't why i watch it i like his ideas!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment