Thursday, April 30, 2009

Softball has started! That means my summer is off to a start. Right now I play 3 nights a week and two of the three are co ed. Co-ed is a lot of fun especially if you play with the right people. In the one league we play with some of my husbands teammates and some of our friends. We have played with them for a few years now and its been really fun. For the most part they are pretty laid back for the most part. It might be partly because we often win but also because we just like the people we play with. We started playing with that team this past Monday and although fun it was so cold! We did get lucky though it didn't rain during our game which was large positive. I actually surprised myself, last year i didn't hit very well but that night I hit 3 for 4.

The next night I played in my women's league and my sister also plays on that team. I really enjoy a lot of the people on this team but this year i am a little annoyed. I'm hope it was just because it was the 1st game of the year but we apparently needed to add people to our team so the people that have been there for the past few years had to either rotate or sit out part of the game. I'm hoping these people are just going to be subs because I didn't really play $25 a league to not play. Granted I only sat one inning but I noticed another girl sat much more then one. It was pretty fun though because I do like some of the girls and we are a pretty good team. I didn't do quite as good hitting that night though I think i went either 2 for 4 or 3 for 5 not really sure.

We haven't started our wed. night games yet but in that league I play with my sister so that is pretty fun. I am pretty excited for that league its normally pretty laid back and we normally do pretty well.

For those of you that don't know sports have always been a big part in my life. I have for as long as i can remember played softball and basketball. In middle school I started playing volleyball too. I was pretty good in volleyball and softball but basketball was always my favorite sport even though I didn't play much in high school.
I am so glad for summer to be starting but also a little nervous. We should have a foster placement sometime this summer and also I am hopefully going to continue classes. Lumped with softball i will be a pretty busy person! But its a nice thing to be because then we aren't always sitting around. Also with summer here Brett my black lab puppy can get out and RUN which he really needs to do more of!! He does run all year long but he is kind of a baby because he doesn't like the cold much.

!!!!!!!!!!Wahooooooooooooooooo For SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment