Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hometown Play

Well the play was a huge success! I guess I had't really realized how big it has gotten over the years. They had a full house all 3 nights and even had some buses bring groups from other towns. One bus even come from Sun Prairie. I always help sell raffle tickets so I get to see and hear some of the people comments. And this year our play happend to be on the same night as a play in a town about 30 min. away and everyone that went to that play and then came to ours said ours was so much more funny! I didn't get to see the other play but I can say for sure that ours was funny. As I said before one of the people in the play got seriously burt and had to be in the hospital for the play but he is now doing better and improving faster then the doctors thought he would be! Anyway the guy that took his place last min. did a really great job for only looking at the script for a week. He made it even funnier. He kept a copy of the script in his back pocket and pulled it out every now and then if he would forget a line. But he played it off like it was part of the play and it helped that a lot of the people watching the play knew him. I also think that on thing that makes their play a little better is the fact that they are not afraid to add their on touches to their parts! They all add something little here and their to make it a little better and they like to involve the crowd. Even the pastor adds things that you may not think a pastor would! This year they had an outhouse on the stage as a prop and each night they had someone different come out. I'm not sure who came out the first night because I wasn't able to get back in time to go but the second night it was my dad and not only did the crowd get a suprise but so did he!:) We was supposed to come out with a newspaper and pulling up his pants but he was also supposed to have shorts on. Well when he came out his shorts went down as he was tring to pull his pants up! The next night they had a pastor from Sun Prairie come out. All in all it was a really great weekend with lots of laughs and not only laughs but we made a lot of money for the school. Which is the main point of the weekend! After saturday nights show I also got to hang out with a friend from when I was little and catch up. It was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment