Thursday, April 9, 2009

Time to Relax

Even though we just had spring break it seems like I have been going none stop for at least the past month! You would think that it would be school that is the biggest time consumer but it really hasn't been. There has been bridal showers, baby showers, upcoming weddings, softball starting again and the biggest thing is trying to get licenced for foster care. That is all on top of working at my sisters daycare, school and doing respite on weekends. Don't get me wrong I have taken this all on and I'm not complaining but I am very excited to not have to do anything Friday through Sunday!
With softball starting and playing on three different teams I have practices and have to figure out how to pay for all the different teams. I wouldn't be a big thing but my husband also plays on three teams and we have to pay for him too! The $25 isn't a big deal to play for one team but we will be paying out $150 just to play softball. How crazy is that!!! Last year if you played on more then one team it was $25 for the first team and then less for every team after that but for some reason they raised it. Oh well I guess I can't imagine not playing!!!!!!!!!
And getting licenced for foster care takes up a lot of time! Their are so many meetings you have to do and a lot of piddly paper work that has to be done. I know it all needs to be done and I really want to do it but I can't wait till we are done with it all! Although we wont ever really be done because you have to do 2 meetings a month that is nothing to 2-4 a week. A lot of the later meetings thought will be with other foster parents and I always think it is so interesting and informative to hear what they have to say and what they have been though! I am still a little nervous about having a foster child or any child for that matter in out house full time but i am also very excited too!
Back to this weekend.....my down time! To night I am going back to my parents so that i can go with my dad tomorrow to Madison for a doctor appointment which i cant wait to do because we haven't had a lot of just me and him time in a while! Not that i really want it to come from going to a doctor appointment but it will still be nice and that way he doesn't have to go alone! Then on Saturday, I am SLEEPING IN! HAHAHa! I hope i get to but who knows! Hopefully we will get to go golfing in the after noon though. I haven't golfed a whole lot and well i suck at it but it is fun! Especially when we go as a family! And maybe we will get to play games. Between that and watching movies those are things my family and I like to do! I just go a new phase ten game and everyone really likes it and then we also have Wii! Then on Sunday for Easter my aunt and her family are coming over so that means a yummy big meal! And an Easter egg hunt for the kids. My sister and I hide the eggs for the kids every year and put some different things in them each year. Not sure what we are doing this year. It will be a fun yet relaxing day before I come back to more meetings!:)

Like I said before I'm not complaining it keeps me doing something instead of just sitting at home doing nothing but I think my dog is getting the butt end of the deal because we don't get to get him to the park as much as we would like right now. But the best thing about right now is THE WEATHER IS FINALLY GETTING WARMER!!!!!!:-) (better stay too!:) HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment